Course Description and Objectives
The ACT might seem scary because it has a section called “Science” and also has more questions than the SAT. But fear not! For every section of the ACT there are reliable strategies, such that even a poet can score well on the Science section. If roses are red and violets are blue, then our ACT course is just for you. Give us 60 hours of course time and an imaginary bouquet of flowers, then see how we can make your smile bloom. After completing our specialized modules and reviewing the results of your four diagnostic tests, you too will be speaking in rhymes on your way to the test center.
- The ACT Boot Camp aims to equip high school students with the knowledge, strategies, and confidence to successfully tackle the ACT’s English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science, and optional Writing Test.
- Over the course of 64+ hours (48 hours of class plus 16+ hours of test), divided into four modules, students will take four full-length diagnostic tests with essays and thoroughly review all test sections with specialized instructors.
- Targeted module lessons will help students master crucial ACT test-taking strategies and concepts in a motivating, collaborative environment. Our experienced instructor not only teaches you how to solve each problem, but also teaches you the strategies of solving each type of problems.
- Dates: 2/23 – 3/3
- Time: Sat and Sun 10:00AM – 2:30PM
|1||Diagnostic Test 4 with Essay Test||· McGraw-Hill Education: 10 ACT Practice Test 4|
|2||Reading||· Reading Topic: Reasoning Questions|
|3||English & Writing||· English Topic: Pronouns I—Agreement and Clear Reference
· Essay Topic: Supporting Points
|4||Math & Science||· Math Topic: Algebra 2 – Conics, Basic Trigonometric Functions and the Unit Circle
· Science Topic: Conflicting Viewpoints Passages
*The schedule is subject to change.
McGraw-Hill Education: 10 ACT Practice Tests, Fifth Edition (Mcgraw-Hill’s 10 Act Practice Tests)
by Steven W. Dulan (Author)